Monday, March 14, 2005

Announcing the "New Nebraska Network"

by Kyle Michaelis
Okay, so the name's a bit corny, but that's to be expected in the land of the Cornhuskers. From here on out, I promise to avoid such unwitty puns as much as possible, though I have a sad proclivity to them.

So, what is this place and why is it here? It's equal parts experiment and self-amusement in the name of progressive community-building. It's also a chance for me to vent on the issues of the day while serving as something of a self-proclaimed watchdog over the media in this state. If you haven't noticed, there's a bias in the Nebraska news that needs to be addressed, and it ain't liberal. Nebraskans have been betrayed by their guardians in the fourth estate, and I hope to record and expose that betrayal each time it rears its ugly head.

I'll need help. This place is called the "New Nebraska Network." Right now, that's a network of one. For now that will have to do, but I'd love to see this place grow and pick-up other contributors (maybe a real website) if there proves to be an interested readership. Of course, that's the question right there.

I've heard no voice promising "if you build it, they will come." It's more something I just feel - a gaping hole in the conscience of this state waiting to be filled, not with my voice, let me assure you, but with a new idea waiting to be unlocked inside us all rooted in our hopes and inseparable from our humanity.

This is a start, an attempt, nothing more. Now, let's see how it all plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home