Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Work is done here?

by Kyle Michaelis
I've only just realized that ALL of my last 3 posts on this New Nebraska Network were written about first on the Democratic Party's "Blog for Nebraska". When starting this site, I had a very specific goal in mind, and it wasn't to spout off my opinion on whatever's in the day's news. I wanted to inform. I wanted to fill a gap and do my part to keep the Nebraska media honest. Well, I'm beginning to think that the niche I envisioned for myself has now been filled by this new site, and I'm okay with that.

I don't like repeating myself. Even more than that, I don't like repeating what other's are already saying. At the Nebraska Democratic Party's Blog more voices are getting involved and, with their latest "News Round-Ups", a better job is being done than my schedule will allow of getting out timely information and a more progressive voice to the public. If the NDP can continue doing the same good work they've been doing, there's simply no place and no need for the New Nebraska Network.

It has been a joy. Perhaps this site (or one like it) will prove necessary in the future. For now, though, I believe it has probably run its course. If anyone disagrees, please e-mail me or comment. I do understand that it is a dangerous proposition putting too much faith in a political party that sometimes can't say what needs to be said, but in this state we've come to the point where we either work together or die. I trust the NDP Blog will be as open and active a home for ideas and discussion as seems to be their intent.

So...Kyle Michaelis signing off. Hope to talk to you all again at the Blog for Nebraska.

Courage!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check this site every day. It is informative and thought-provoking. Your insight will be missed. Thanks for opening my eyes, Kyle.

6/29/2005  
Blogger neal said...

I check the site *almost* every day. I like getting informed, but I like the Kyle Michaelis take on getting informed even more.

6/29/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good while it lasted. I know of the NDP's site, but I prefer to get my news via RSS, which they do not support (yet). Thanks for keeping us informed. And good luck.

6/30/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create your blog. Excellent work

1/09/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home