Monday, November 27, 2006

You Can Keep the New Nebraska Network Alive

by Kyle Michaelis
I don't like copy-and-paste jobs. I like to contribute ideas, do research, and write stories that might actually help move Nebraska forward. But, right now, I can't do what I want to do with this site. Still, I'm going to try to keep the home fires burning around here...as best I can....for a while longer.

I'm serious, though, about the site taking a backseat to other priorities - especially over the next several weeks. And, if anyone out there is willing to step up and take an active role writing for this site, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me. If you think there's a need for a progressive online presence in Nebraska - if you think what this site's been doing is worthwhile - I hope a couple people reading this might be willing to sacrifice a little bit themselves to keep it going - not financially, but in your passion, ideas, and energy.

It's never been my intention for this site to be a solo project. In the past, I made some meager efforts at reaching out to other Nebraska bloggers, hoping they might want to work together or serve as correspondents of sorts. Obviously, that never came to pass - or, at least, has not yet. And, I've always felt the lack of alternative voices at this site has been something of a detriment, particularly where I've not been able to devote enough focus to certain candidates, issues, or events because of limitations in geography, time, and information.

Consider this, then, an open call - probably my last call - for others to take part ownership in the New Nebraska Network. You don't have to agree with me on everything. You don't have to know me. All you need to do is make an investment -be able to make a commitment and be willing to follow it through.

I probably should have put out this desperate plea for reinforcements in the fight before announcing my hiatus/departure. In hopes that others will join me and pick up my slack, I'm going to make an effort (against my better judgment and my personal interests) to keep this blog running while others consider their options.

My best work (at this site) is behind me, but the best of our work may still be to come. That choice is up to you. It's your state and your future. And, the New Nebraska Network is yours to help shape both if you want it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home