Monday, March 26, 2007

Four Years in Iraq Lamented By Hundreds at Local Peace Rally

by Kyle Michaelis
Saturday, March 17th - Coalition for Peace - Downtown Lincoln, NE
Theme: "Listen to the People Now"



If you're looking for proof that there are Nebraskans who give a damn, take heart from the above video. One thing you won't see, however, is the extent to which that afternoon's speakers went out of their way to express support and solidarity with our men and women serving in the U.S. military.

I am an ill fit for this sort of activism. It's not my scene - it's just not who I am. But, I have profoundest respect for those who are better able to keep alive this hope for a world without war.

These are good people - good Nebraskans - with whom I am proud to stand. Even if I cannot join in their slogans and rallying cries, I am inspired by their passion and thankful for their reminder that peace might just be possible.

For variation on a similar theme when the Iraq war was just a bad idea (Oct. '02), allow me to recommend the following article from my pre-blogging days - Kyle Michaelis: Get Off the Bus.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home