Sunday, April 01, 2007

Notice to Readers

by Kyle Michaelis
After Friday's 1,500 word monstrosity - sorry for that, by the way (anyone actually read the whole thing?) - it seems as good a time as any to announce that I'm going to be cutting back my blogging contributions for the next couple of weeks. The site is not going on an official hiatus - I will simply be overseeing things in a somewhat reduced capacity because of other committments. Lucky for us, my occasional co-contributor, Ryan Anderson, has kindly agreed to step up to the plate and to take on a few more responsibilities while I'm otherwise preoccupied.

Ryan is a bright young guy - a real big picture progressive - and I'm very excited about what he'll have to say in the coming weeks. I'm giving him free reign to do what he wants with the place. I'll still be writing my own posts and contributing what I can to our online discussions. But, it will be good for you, good for me, and good for NNN to work another voice into the mix....at least until later this month when I'll hope to rededicate myself to the site as its readers' deserve.

Between Ryan and myself, I'm still hoping we'll have new content daily. If anyone out there recognizes an issue that we're not covering - about which you've got something to say - write something up and send it our way. There are a lot of smart people who read the New Nebraska Network - a lot of them smarter than its author. With so much going on in Nebraska politics - especially in the Legislature - I'd love to see a few readers give us their two cents, especially because it will relieve my guilt for being so distracted by other projects.

All submissions are welcome. Requests for anonymity will be respected.

That's all for now. Enjoy this semi-vacation from my all-too-familiar rants and rhetorical stylings. For better or worse, I hope to be back at full speed in no time.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Anderson said...

Thanks, Kyle. Hopefully I'll live up to those glowing words of praise. Relax and enjoy your break... as much as possible.

4/01/2007  
Blogger neal said...

Well, it has been a few months without an "I'm cutting back" speech from Kyle... ;)

4/02/2007  
Blogger Kyle Michaelis said...

Neal-

Such are the ways of the blogger.

Those who can, freelance. Those who can't, blog.

Still, you keep coming back for more. Sucker!

4/02/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home